Angela M. Hampton practices civil litigation in a broad range of matters before state and federal courts. In addition to handling complex environmental, toxic tort and products liability litigation, she has experience representing businesses in commercial and general matters and clients in a number of industries, from Fortune 500 corporations to closely held businesses, supporting the best interests of the client. She is an experienced litigator focused on solving complex client problems and crafting the strategy for the dispute.
Ms. Hampton is an Army veteran, previously serving as a combat medic. She has her Bachelors in history and political science and Masters in Education with teaching credentials in California and Texas. She earned her Juris Doctorate on a full merit-based scholarship where she was a member of the school’s Moot Court Honor Society. She is licensed to practice law in the state of California. Prior to becoming an attorney, she worked in operations and human resources for several years for mid-size corporations.
- Justice Jenkins’ Path to the California Supreme Court, Association of Business Trial Lawyers San Diego, Vol MMXXI No. 2, (June 2021).
- Possibility That Product Contained Asbestos Not Enough to Create Triable Issue in California, GRSM’s Environmental & Toxic Tort Defense Insight (December 20, 2019).
- Conceptualizing San Diego’s Civil Department 66, Association of Business Trial Lawyers San Diego, Volume MMXIX No. 3, (November 2019).
- California Talc Decision Bars Predecessor Liability, and Denies Punitive Damages Absent Scientific Consensus, GRSM’s Environmental and Toxic Tort Defense Insight (July 29, 2019).
- Speculative Expert Opinion, Trial Bar News, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Vol. 41, Issue 3 (March 2018).
- Future Meds, Trial Bar News, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Vol. 41, Issue 1 (January 2018).
- State Legislation Sets New Habeas Evidence Standard, Trial Bar News, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Vol. 40, Issue 8 (November 2017).
- Angela Hampton with co-authors, People v. Sanchez: Limiting Hearsay Through Experts, Trial Bar News, Consumer Attorneys of San Diego, Vol. 40, Issue 5 (May 2017).
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers San Diego, member since 2019
- Louis M. Welsh Inn of Courts, Associate member since 2018
- J. Clifford Wallace Inn of Courts, 2017-2018